Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sweet Potato Muffins

I made these for breakfast this morning and they turned out really yummy!! I think I'll add some cinnamon next time and maybe some oats for a better streusel topping. I did the brown sugar and butter and it wasn't very streusel-ish.


2 cups whole wheat flour (I used 1 cup whole wheat, 1 cup all purpose)
2 t. baking powder
1 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. sea salt
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup raisins (optional)
1 egg
1 cup mashed sweet potato
1/2 cup milk
3 T. melted butter

Topping:

3 T. brown sugar
1 T. butter, softened
2 T. chopped nuts (optional)

Combine flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a bowl. Add honey, raisins, eggs, sweet potato, milk and butter. Stir until just mixed. Scoop into 15 paper lined muffin cups.

In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over each muffin. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment