Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chili Cornbread Casserole

Well, it's been a very long time since I last posted a recipe! I'm going to try to post a new recipe a lot more often. I've been trying a lot of new recipes lately, so I already have lots to post!

We tried this recipe a couple of weeks ago and all LOVED it. It's very easy and so yummy!

I made a big pot of chili for dinner one night and just used the leftover chili for this dish. Here's my recipe for chili. Or you could just use whatever chili recipe you like! Just pour the chili into an 8x8 baking dish and spread cornbread mix evenly over the top. A store bought mix would work, but I prefer homemade (I'll include my favorite cornbread recipe at the end). Cover with foil and bake at 400 for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10-20 minutes, or until cornbread is golden brown. Serve with sour cream and shredded cheese.

Honey Cornbread
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup yellow cornmeal
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten

No comments:

Post a Comment